Dog Orphans could not continue without it’s volunteers!
We now have orientation dates scheduled EACH MONTH on the SECOND & FOURTH WEDNESDAY of the month at 6 pm. Orientation takes approximately one hour.
THIS DECEMBER 2014 WE WILL ONLY HAVE ONE ORIENTATION SCHEDULED
DUE TO CHRISTMAS EVE ON THE 4th WED OF THE MONTH.
PLEASE COME DECEMBER 10th AT 6:00pm IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING A VOLUNTEER!
Please fill the volunteer form out below and email at firstname.lastname@example.org or bring to orientation.
Our volunteer program is a vital part of our organization. Without your help Dog Orphans would not be able to continue. We are especially in need of volunteers anytime between the hours of 8:30am-12pm, Mon-Fri. We appreciate anytime you can give as long as you commit to at least 8 hours a month. At this time we need caring individuals for the following volunteer positions:
Duties at the kennel include:
- Cleaning kennels inside/out and feeding/watering;
- This is done every morning from 8:30 am to about 11 am.
- Only after the dogs are fed and kennels are cleaned can volunteers walk, play and bathe the dogs.
- If volunteers are interested in only walking the dogs we ask them to please come after 11 am as to not get in the way of cleaning and feeding.
- From 4 pm to 5 pm is closing down, which consists of making sure dogs waters are full, they have blankets and/or cages are newspapered, any and all messes are cleaned up.
- There is also laundry, yard maintenance, and general house cleaning that needs to be done on a regular basis.
*Volunteers must first fill out an application/release and have it signed by a parent/guardian if under the age of 18. You must be at least 14 to volunteer.
*In the past we allowed individuals under 14 to come and volunteer while being accompanied by a parent, but do to liability issues, the Board of Directors has put forth that volunteers must be at least 14 with or without the presence of a parent/guardian.
Volunteers must comply with rules set forth by shelter personnel, failure to do so will result in expulsion of the volunteer. Safety of the volunteer and our orphans is our #1 priority.
Please feel free to stop in and inquire about volunteering anytime during our hours of operation.
Press Contacts: We’re always looking for new ways to spread the message of saving unwanted and stray dogs. If you have any contacts that are favorable to animal issues please let us know.
Fundraisers: Coordinate and participate in various events such as Pet Photos with Santa, Wine and Chocolate Tasting, Walk for Paws, and other annual fund-raisers.
Grant Writing: Dog Orphans is currently looking to apply for grants for our low-income spay/neuter clinic! If you or someone you know is knowledgeable about grant writing or is indeed a grant writer, we could really use your help!